Blake's 7

I just finished the final episode of season 2 of the original Blake's 7. I don't remember how I first found out about the show, but I've been slowly watching the series for the last several years. This very last episode of season 2, Star One, ended in one of the biggest cliffhangers I've ever seen. It's going to shift the series like nothing before. I wonder if this was the jumping of the shark moment for the series. Up till now I've enjoyed the series a great deal. I'll see it to the end eventually. Especially with murmurers of it returning like Doctor Who and Survivors have (both connected to Terry Nation who created Blake's 7).

I'm drawing from Blake's 7 as major inspiration for a one-on-one RPG game for my brother. It won't be an established setting other than a mishmash of inspirations and interpretations of science fiction we used to create with our G.I.Joe and Star Wars action figures decades ago. The whole saga revolved around the best spaceship in the galaxy, one we used a toy submarine for a makeshift spaceship- the SHARC. My brother and I made an audio drama telling the story that very much mirrored Star Wars: A New Hope. We even made a comic book adaptation of the story. I plan on using the GURPS system for the first time for the game, something I've wanted to do for a very long time. It seems like a logical system with a lot of similarities to the Chaosium Basic Roleplaying System. Other sources of inspiration are Cowboy Bebop, DUNE, Chronicles of Riddick. 



Comments

Popular Posts

Labels

Show more