Audiobook Goodness

Our family took a trip in our minivan and checked out a few audiobooks for the trip. The one we listened to the whole way down and back again was a set full of Sherlock Holmes short stories. These were fantastic! I've never read them or really got into the character before in any way. I was surprised at how easily I was hooked.

Another book I checked out for the trip, but never started, I listened to for about a week after we got back was Airborn by Kenneth Oppel.

This was good old pulpy fun. Airships and pirates. One thing I liked about this book was that the dialog was spoken by a cast with the main character's narration. Nicely done. I'll eventually listen to the other two books.

When I returned these I immediately checked out more, starting with Ian Fleming's Jame Bond. Octopussy, The Living Daylights, and Property of a Lady. None of which resembled the films respectively. Often Bond wasn't even the focus of the story. Great stuff.

I am currently very much enjoying Sabriel by Garth Nix. A strange mix of fantasy and slightly modern this book deals with a lot of undead and necromancy. The character, Sabriel, is adorable. She fights the dead with her bandoleer of bells. Currently I'm approaching the climax of the story. Sabriel, too, is the first of a trilogy.

Comments

Popular Posts

Labels

Show more