Torchwood America

So the 4th season of Torchwood will be produced and set in America. It appears that it won't be a spin-off in that John Barrowman and Eve Myles both will star in it as they have all along so far. Each season has been very different from the previous with Torchwood and that is good. Seems this next one will definitely continue with that. I'm looking forward to seeing how it will go.


Torchwood star can’t wait to start new series
Jul 4 2010 by Rachel Mainwaring, Wales On Sunday
The 31-year-old will be starring in the American version of the hit sci-fi show and will be jetting off at the end of the year with partner Brad and baby daughter Matilda. TORCHWOOD star Eve Myles has revealed how she is nervously preparing to move her family across the Atlantic.
And she’s even got her beloved dog Honeysuckle a passport – so she can go too.
Eve, who gave birth to Matilda last November, is looking forward to the big move, after it was announced that Torchwood would be moving Stateside for a new series to be aired in 2011.
The Ystradgynlais actress, who now lives in Cardiff, said: “I’ve been enjoying some really lovely times with Matilda.
“She’s seven months old and is just adorable. She is sleeping right through the night and she is just fantastic. She is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Since she came along I’ve woken up every day with a smile on my face. She is just so lovely and pleasant, she is always laughing and I’ve been relishing every minute.
“Nothing I’ve ever done before comes close to how it feels to have Matilda. She is so beautiful, a carbon copy of her daddy with the same turquoise eyes. But I’m pleased to say it looks as if she’s got my famous gap, so that’s good news.”
And now Eve is preparing for an even busier few months.
She said: “Things are starting to pick up again work-wise. I’m about to sign for a BBC Wales TV remake of The Fabulous Baker Boys and I’ve got another film in Bulgaria and then we start shooting the new Torchwood in January.
“Matilda and Brad are coming with me but I couldn’t possibly not take Honey too as we are going to be there for seven-and-a-half months.
“So it’s all sorted. She’s got a new passport and we are raring to go.”
But Eve, who plays feisty Gwen Cooper in the show, admits she’s very nervous about upping sticks, even though she will be starring alongside her good friend John Barrowman.
She said: “To be honest, I am quite nervous and apprehensive but then I still get nervous every time I start a new job and then as soon as I’ve filmed the first day I calm down a bit.
“We’re not sure yet whether we are going to be living in Los Angeles or Canada but Torchwood is already very popular in America and I had no idea exactly how big it was until I was in Washington DC and I saw myself on the back of a bus. Weird. It’s got an absolutely massive fan base, it’s been the number one sci-fi show for the past three years out there.
“I haven’t managed to see John much but we get on so well that as soon as we start working it will be like we’ve been together for weeks.”
Eve has been with fellow actor Bradley Freegard for several years and, despite wearing an eternity ring on her wedding finger, she said she had not married Brad yet – but promises she will do one day in the future.
She said: “I was pictured with the ring on my wedding finger but it’s not a wedding ring. It’s the eternity ring Brad bought for my 30th birthday.
“I will marry him one day. It’s something we’ve talked about but, at the moment, we’re too busy. Maybe we’ll wait until there are a few Myles-Freegards running around the place.”


link

Comments

Popular Posts

Labels

Show more