Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Dr Zaius and Zera by BrainMainolfi
I haven't been a huge fan of Planet of the Apes. I had thought it really cheesy until I actually watched the very first film. That was a great movie. Saw some of the following films which weren't as good as the first. And the 2001 reboot attempt affirmed its cheese. Looks like they're trying to reboot the franchise again. Reboots are hit or miss for me. Almost always it's a miss. But once in a while it is such a hit that it makes up for a bunch of the misses- Battlestar Galactica, I'm looking in your direction. So that said, I am looking forward to what a reboot of Planet of the Apes might be like.

However, many people are reporting that it is a prequel and not a reboot. But the story premise sounds a lot like the premise of Conquest of the Planet of the Apes So that doesn't make sense either. That would make this upcoming film a remake.

Who knows? Either way, I'm actually looking forward to it. The setting is awesome- the first movie showed us that. So the cool factor potential is in there somewhere.

Comments

Popular Posts

Labels

Show more