David Bowie's Birthday

Today is David Bowie's 64th birthday. And that's great for him. But what is great for us [me] is our local public radio station, 89.3 The Current is playing 64 David Bowie in a row! Seems we get the birthday gift, this time, Mr. Bowie.

With 64 songs, they're playing most of his hits as expected, but also some songs like Memory of a Free Festival. So far that was the one that made me sigh the most- Wow, I can't believe that played that one, kind of thing.  So good!

I've been a Bowie fan ever since Sarah wished her young step-brother, Toby, away to the Goblin King.

What a career this man has had. These songs have been jumping all over illustrating just how diverse his music is. It's evident to me how influential his music is particularly to the regular music on this station. I remember my obsession with Bowie peeked 14 years ago while he was all over the media with his 50th birthday. Today, the Current has been incredibly awesome! What other station does that? Oh, I'm pretty sure none.

[ 89.3 Website ]



Thank you, Current. And  Happy Birthday, David Bowie.

Comments

Popular Posts

Labels

Show more